Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Not the best ever but the first ever Bagels!


Yes,my first bagels making experience,I have never baked them before,I just passed the recipes and thought what a strange long works,boiling breads before making them!!!!!
But this week I tried and I loved them.
They are a little chewy but tasty with marjoram, dried dill weed,tarragon and a little garlic powder.and some of them with onion over tops.
We ate them with this chicken skewers.
20 short wooden skewers
4tbsp thin-cut orange marmalade
1tbsp chopped thyme
8 skinned chicken breasts,cut into 4cm cubes
18 fresh bay leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
You knew you have to soak skewers and bay leaves in cold water for at least 30 min.
Put chicken in a bowl,stir in marmalade and thyme.Thread chicken piece onto each skewer,with a bay leaf between.
Preheat the grill to high,season the skewers with salt and paper and grill for 12-15 min turning halfway through,Sever with mash potatoes .
Hope you like it;)

2 comments:

Marina Capano said...

Hi! Nice to meet you!!!! thanks so much for your comments in my blog. I hope you will be in my virtual party! in 22 nd May!!! I hope so! mmmmhhhhh! your food sounds great! I love it! regards from Argentina See you later!!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Mmmm...we love bagels. My daughter has one for breakfast at least 3 times a week. You're so enterprising to make your own! The chicken skewers look yummy!

Manuela

P.S. I like the new look of your blog